Friday, September 28, 2007

Fabric


For me Skyline was a company whose black cars stole my parking spaces. They had offices down the street. From time to time I saw their cars in the city's streets, the familiar Skyline afixed to the bumper.

Little did I know they were the largest black car company in the city. Little did I know that they were a consortium of owners from all ends of the world. In fact, they've grown so much that they've bought a building behind the one here, out in back of the parking lot on the side.

When I freelanced I worked a stint at a company who used Skyline's services for its late workers. I looked forward to my late Friday nights when I could call the dispatcher for a car. No one can ever find Blissville. But for the Skyline drivers, this was their base. And sometimes, if I was lucky, I'd get a driver who I'd met before, passed on the street in Blissville.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

me encata la forma como describes lo que aconte diariamente , lo simple de los relatos lo liviano de la voz......

me encantan la fotos .....

continua vives en un lindo barrio...... con esquinas y todo eso

tito

7:41 PM  
Blogger Blissville said...

y todo eso. Gracias, Tito, por sus pensamientos. Eres el fuente de todo eso.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Rebecca,

Thanks so much for your nice comment! I had such a nice time at your place too.

I saw this post and was meaning to tell you about my friend who married her Skyline driver - she met him one night after working late at Newsweek. Here is the story: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C01E5DC1F38F932A05753C1A96F958260

Hope to see you soon!
Beth

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home